Saturday 1 March 2014

LOGO CONCEPT

 The concept of my logo originates from the old cape postal stamps used in the 1800's by the old Post Office. The circular shape and use of a crown symbol form part of the main elements of  the authentic inked stamps which I would like to fuse into my logo design to pay tribute to the original building and its function. I feel this link will help tie in the design with the historic significance of this rich heritage site.

View a few of the original stamps below used by the postal service when Port Elizabeth was still under British rule which is represented by the royal crown.


Old Post Office stamps

Original postal stamps of the 1800's

Have a look at my mood board inspiration for my logo concept...
Logo inspiration moodboard

No comments:

Post a Comment